Get help and support
For immediate, professional advice and support or to book a counselling session, call us today. Our trained staff are standing by and ready to help.
- Gambler's Help 1800 858 858
- Gambler's Help Youthline 1800 262 376
Call now for professional, confidential and free support and advice, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Gambler's Help helplines are for anyone affected by gambling – your own, or someone else's. We can refer you to local services and send you information.
Calls are free from landlines. Calls form mobiles may be charged. If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through the National Relay Service.
Local Gambler's Help services offer phone and video counselling by appointment, including outside office hours. Book your appointment today.
Peer Connection and Chinese Peer Connection are free, confidential and easy to access telephone peer support services for people struggling to stop/control their gambling, and for people impacted by another person’s gambling.
All our peer support volunteers have experienced gambling harm themselves and can share their own stories of harm, hope and recovery.
Sometimes speaking with a person who has ‘been there done that’ can be helpful for your own recovery, especially when it’s difficult to talk to others about it.
How can it help?
Peer Support volunteers can:
- Listen without judgment or expectation
- Share their own experiences of gambling harm and strategies for change
- Offer encouragement and support
- Help refer you to other services
How does it work?
- No referral needed – just call or email Peer Connection
- Callers are matched with a volunteer with a similar personal experience of gambling harm
- Calls take place weekly or fortnightly (day or evening shifts are available)
- Calls can continue until the support is no longer needed
Contact us to find out how we can help you move forward.
For English language: call Peer Connection on 1300 133 445 or email email@example.com.
For Chinese languages including Mandarin and Cantonese: call Chinese Peer Connection on 1300 755 878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Peer Connection isn't available at all hours – if you need urgent help call Gambler’s Help 1800 858 858 24/7.
95% of people felt better emotionally or psychologically after speaking to Gambler’s Help.*
*Based on 2019–20 Gambler's Help Objective Outcomes data where 95% of clients who set an objective of ‘Emotional and/or Psychological’ felt they had ‘met’ or ‘partially met’ their objective at case closure.